Goals of the EL (English Learner) Program
- Provide supplemental to support to ELL students in order to increase ELL student academic performance on district and state required assessments.
- Provide the necessary information and assistance to our ELL parents to allow them to play an active role in their child’s education.
- Provide professional development opportunities for staff working with ELL students to help our ELL student population succeed academically and socially.
- Ensure accurate accounting of ALL ELL students (migrant and full year).
- Collect and organize ELL student data and communicate it to all stakeholders (administration, teachers, paraprofessionals, parents and students).
- Evaluate program effectiveness and continuously improve upon program to meet ELL student needs.